Nathalie K. Salomon
Nathalie K. Salomon has extensive experience defending lending institutions and national banks in all phases of litigation - from pre-litigation negotiation through trial. Nathalie has appeared on behalf of clients in state and federal courts throughout the Commonwealth of Massachusetts and New Hampshire. Nathalie regularly argues substantive motions in Superior and District Courts as well as the Land Court. Nathalie also has extensive experience in appeals, arguing before the Massachusetts Appeals Court (three-member panel) and the Supreme Judicial Court (seven-member panel). Nathalie's practice currently focuses on real estate litigation, bank defense, and business litigation.
Before joining Fitch Law Partners LLP, Nathalie practiced law at a regional firm where she represented financial institutions. Nathalie has been recognized as a "Rising Star" in the Massachusetts Super Lawyers' list published by the Thomson Reuters rating service in the Boston Magazine. The Rising Star award is limited to 2.5% of lawyers under the age of 40 who have been practicing for less than 10 years. Matters representative of Nathalie's banking dispute practice include:
• Obtaining judgment of dismissal in favor of a financial institution against claims that a new notice to cure default must be sent if the foreclosure is not completed within a certain period of time, which decision was upheld by the Massachusetts Appeals Court;
• Successfully defending a financial institution in Bankruptcy Court against claim of violation of the Massachusetts Credit Cost Disclosure Act, after obtaining from the Supreme Judicial Court a favorable answer to questions of law certified to it;
• Obtaining in favor of lender judgment of dismissal against claim of lack of standing to foreclose; dismissal was upheld by the Massachusetts Appeals Court;
• Obtaining judgment of dismissal in favor of lender finding that a borrower who is not in the military cannot appear in Service members Civil Relief Act proceedings to challenge lender's standing to foreclose, which decision was upheld by the Supreme Judicial Court;
• Obtaining judgment of dismissal in favor of lender in Bankruptcy Court claiming violations of Federal Debt Collection Practices Act and Fair Credit Reporting Act;
• Winning a trial in Bankruptcy Court against national bank that resulted in judgment in favor of client;
• Successfully defeated preliminary injunctions seeking to prevent foreclosure and defended lenders in a wide variety of lender liability claims.
• Successfully defending a national bank against claims that the assignment of mortgage was invalid; dismissal was upheld by the Massachusetts Appeals Court;
Nathalie received graduated from the University of Paris XII School of Law (France), J.D., 1995, and the Boston University School of Law, LL.M. in Banking and Financial Law, 2002. She has native-speaker proficiency in French. Nathalie is admitted to practice in Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and New York, as well as the United States District Court of Massachusetts, and the United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit.