Terrance D. Lanier
Mr. Lanier focuses his practice on business litigation. Prior to joining FITCH, Mr. Lanier clerked for the Honorable Gregory I. Massing of the Massachusetts Appeals Court, where he researched and analyzed a wide variety of civil and criminal issues and assisted in the drafting of opinions.
Education And Distinctions
More About Terrance D. Lanier
Prior to joining FITCH, Mr. Lanier served as a legal fellow for the Massachusetts Gaming Commission. He also participated in numerous pro bono activities, including work as a volunteer lawyer with the Boston Bar Association’s Fair Debt Collection Clinic.
During law school, Mr. Lanier represented clients in the Boston Housing Court as a Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court Rule 3:03 certified student attorney through the Harvard Legal Aid Bureau. He advised and assisted tenants on eviction day through the “Attorney for the Day” program. He also interned with the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination and the Massachusetts Legislature Joint Committee on Health Care Financing.
Professional Activities and Associations
- Member, Boston Bar Association
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Member, Massachusetts Black Lawyers Association
- 2019 -2020 Leadership Academy Fellow for the Massachusetts Bar Association
- Admitted to the Massachusetts State Bar and the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts