A survey of corporate counsel by The BTI Consulting Group identified our firm as a “Hidden Gem.” According to BTI, “These law firms earn a special place in the hearts of large clients. Clients believe that they have found an excellent law firm that few others know about – or don’t know enough about.” In conducting its research, BTI interviewed 427 corporate counsel at 3 types of companies: Fortune 1000 organizations, large privately-held companies, and major financial services firms.
Since its inception, FITCH has been privileged to represent not only individuals, but also the interests of a cross section of leading regional, national, and international corporations, insurance companies, utilities, and banking institutions in complex litigation. The clients we have represented include:
- AcBel Polytech, Inc.
- Continental Microwave
- Direct Digital Imaging Technologies, Inc.
- Get Relevant
- Khyber Technologies Corporation
- Nuance Communications, Inc.
- PacketPort.com, Inc.
- Surveillance Specialties, Ltd.
- Sharp Electronics Corporation
- Tracker Connect (Pty)
- Tracker do Brasil LTDA
- Traquer France
Biotechnology And Health
- athenahealth, Inc.
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Massachusetts
- Haemonetics Corporation
- Heath Care of Southeastern Massachusetts, Inc.
- PAREXEL International Corporation
- Silence Therapeutics plc
- Silence Therapeutics GmbH
Energy And Transportation
- Boston Edison Company
- Entergy Corporation
- Fitchburg Gas and Electric Light Company
- Granite State Electric Company
- Massachusetts Bay Transportation Authority
- Massachusetts Electric Company
- Nantucket Electric Company
- Narragansett Electric Company
- National Grid U.S.A. Service Company, Inc.
- New England Power Company
- NSTAR Electric Company
- Unitil Services Corporation
Foreign Public And Sovereign
- Customs and Tax Administration of the Kingdom of Denmark
- Keidanren (Japan Business Federation)
- National Bank of Kazakstan
- Budd Company
- Eagle-Picher Industries, Inc.
- J. Baker, Inc.
- Okonite Company
- Rolls-Royce Corporation
- Taco, Inc.
Banks, Financial Services And Investment
- Bain Capital Ventures
- Bank of America, N.A.
- Battery Ventures
- Boston Advisors, LLC
- Boston Private Bank & Trust Company
- Brookline Bank
- Dedham Institution for Savings
- Eastern Bank
- Middlesex Savings Bank
- National City Bank
- Taurus Investment Holdings, LLC
- The Bank of New York Mellon Corporation
- Wainwright Bank & Trust Company
- Wells Fargo & Company
- Globe Newspaper Company, Inc.
- Little, Brown & Company
- Portsmouth Herald
- The New York Times Company
Municipalities And Nonprofits
- Dover Land Conservation Trust
- Independence Seaport Museum
- Martha’s Vineyard Land Bank Commission
- Massachusetts Horticultural Society
- Nantucket Conservation Foundation
- Nantucket Islands Land Bank Commission
- Town of Ipswich
- Town of Swampscott
Maritime And Admiralty
- The American Club
- Boston Tow Boat Company
- Cunard Line Limited
- Grand Circle LLC
- Keystone Shipping Company
- Liverpool and London Protection & Indemnity Assoc. Ltd.
- Marine Defense Group, Ltd.
- Moran Towing Company
- Royal Caribbean
- Shipowners Claims Bureau, Inc.
- The Swedish Club
A Few Testimonials
“Heather Baer was thoughtful, thorough, responsive, and persistent. She proved to be a valuable and valued strategic partner as we entered negotiations with my previous employer. Although historically intractable, this employer succumbed to the presentation of our highly persuasive position, ultimately agreeing to a severance three times that of its original offer. Further, we reached settlement in fewer than two month – a relief, as I had feared a protracted battle.”
“Mr. Fitch represented our company in a complex international arbitration case involving the unlawful termination of a license agreement by a listed USA corporation. This settled and included a multi-million dollar payment to us. Jonathan Fitch initially comes across as a quiet and considered individual. He listens, absorbs detail and opinions, and then makes convincing recommendations and decisions that get right to the heart of the issues. In Jonathan Fitch, I saw all the key qualities we needed in one person without the other difficulties. For this arbitration Jonathan Fitch came up against top arbitration lawyers, this was a hard fought issue on both sides involving very material sums of money. The result shows simply how good he is.”
“Steven Gurdin represented me in a contentious and drawn-out divorce that involved complicated assets of significant value… For his excellent help in achieving a favorable settlement, I thank Steve. I am pleased to recommend him very, very highly to anyone who faces the complicated and painful issues of divorce.”
Kurt Kusiak is our primary counsel in the United States for litigation matters and disputes. He is a skilled trial attorney and a trusted advisor to the company on a variety of legal matters. As a multi-national corporation with over $1B in revenue, 10,000 employees and offices in more than 50 countries, we frequently face complex disputes and claims that have the potential to distract the company our from our business priorities. In addition to his legal acumen, Kurt understands our business as well as the bio/pharma industry in which we compete. It is this combination of trial skills and his business savvy that separates Kurt from other lawyers. He appreciates the importance of putting our company in the best position to resolve disputes and reduce the disruption to our business and employees. This quality work is performed at a cost that is reasonable and significantly less than the big law firms. I highly recommend Kurt and the team at Fitch Law Partners LLP.