Barbara L. Drury
Ms. Drury has more than ten years of experience representing individuals in a broad range of domestic relations matters, including divorce, modification, contempt, removal and paternity actions. Her areas of focus include child custody and support, alimony, and property division issues. Ms. Drury is certified by the American Academy of Certified Financial Litigators as a Certified Financial Litigator.
Education And Distinctions
- Suffolk University Law School, J.D., cum laude; Member, Suffolk University Journal of High Technology Law; Recipient of the Suffolk Jurisprudence Award for Excellence in the Study of Evidence
- University of Massachusetts Amherst, B.A., cum laude
- Named Massachusetts Super Lawyers® Rising Star six consecutive years, 2007-2012
- Certified Financial Litigator from the American Academy of Certified Financial Litigators.
- Listed in 2021 Best Lawyers in America®
More About Barbara L. Drury
She regularly handles domestic relations matters that include business asset valuation and complex financial issues. She is a Certified Financial Litigator and is a Member of the American Academy of Certified Financial Litigators.
Teaching and Publications
- Contributing author, MCLE Financial Aspects of Divorce in Massachusetts (2016)
Professional Activities and Associations
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Member, Boston Bar Association
- Member, American Academy of Certified Financial Litigators
- Admitted to the Massachusetts state bar.
- “Barbara was nothing short of amazing–Barbara’s professionalism and commitment to me will never be forgotten. She showed the court what my ex-wife was really filing Motions for, and she preserved my family. I will never forget what she did.”
- “Barbara is a well-trained professional who has solid knowledge as well as intrinsic enthusiasm for helping me, her client, resolve my case. I highly recommend her to any potential client, especially non-American citizens and/or immigrants who are now living in Massachusetts. As a foreign-born Massachusetts resident, I had ZERO knowledge about MA Family Law when my marriage broke down. I tried to find a lawyer who was not only proficient in Massachusetts Family Law but also could understand and respect my culture difference. And finally I found Barbara. During the initial consultation, I was impressed with her integrity, experience, and genuine respect for my culture diversity. I got married outside of the U.S., and Barbara gave me detailed instructions to help me prepare and convert necessary documents into Massachusetts accepted format. When we discussed issues concerning the parenting plan, Barbara was able to help coordinate my culture difference into a tailored plan according to my personality, family value, and traditions (though some may seem a bit different in American’s value system). Likewise, Barbara acknowledged the difference in Family Law between the U.S. and my home country, appropriately handled my oversea asset, and helped me fully retain it. I found the negotiation part in my divorce very emotional and painful. Barbara always gave me timely feedback and support. She was able to analyze the situation in a neutral manner with her knowledge, experience, and expertise, and put herself in my shoes to seek better solutions for me. With her help, I not only successfully established a superb co-parenting plan but also protected all of my child’s benefits, interests, and rights — I am nothing short of grateful. In addition, I found financial pressure was always associated with divorce filing. And I believe Barbara shall be one of the few lawyers in the world who would like to give tips to her client on how to save attorney fees. She truly represented her client and served her client faithfully. I can’t thank her enough.”
- “You will not find a better attorney than Barbara Drury…she is competent and shrewed. She will not back down, she always places her clients best interest first and foremost. I highly recommend Atty. Barbara Drury, she is a consummate professional and is great in court.”