Michele E. Connolly
Ms. Connolly draws from her substantial legal experience in and out of the courtroom to assist her clients with complex commercial disputes in a variety of industries, including banking, investment advising, healthcare, aviation, telecommunications, and entertainment. Ms. Connolly understands that a business’s legal strategy fits within its overall business strategy and she is deeply invested in resolving legal disputes in the most advantageous way possible for each of her clients’ business needs.
Education And Distinctions
More About Michele E. Connolly
Ms. Connolly joined FITCH after practicing at Cravath, Swaine & Moore LLP in New York City and Goodwin Procter LLP in Boston. Her legal experience has involved highly complex, front-page civil and criminal litigation. Her civil litigation work has involved matters of fraud, contract disputes, partnership disputes, antitrust, securities, and intellectual property. Ms. Connolly’s criminal matters have involved allegations of fraud, including securities fraud and health care fraud, public corruption, and violations of antitrust, campaign finance, and tax laws.
Ms. Connolly also has substantial experience in alternative dispute resolution, successfully arbitrating and mediating numerous cases on behalf of her clients.
In addition to her work in civil and criminal disputes, Ms. Connolly has conducted internal investigations for her clients, including investigating allegations of violations of tax laws, securities laws, the Federal Anti-Kickback statute and other civil and criminal violations.
Ms. Connolly is a member of the Editorial Board of the Commercial Lending Litigation.
Cases of Note
- Represented several issuers of MBS in securities and ERISA actions through various stages of litigation.
- Represented investment fund in Securities and Exchange Commission investigation concerning Investment Advisers Act “pay to play” allegations.
- Defended healthcare company in Department of Justice investigation into potential violations of Anti-Kickback Statute and False Claims Act.
- Represented company in post-closing dispute alleging violations of widespread fraud in both court and arbitration proceedings.
- Defended pharmaceutical companies against claims of patent invalidity.
- Defended pharmaceutical company in investigation involving allegations of off-label drug promotion and False Claims Act violations.
Teaching and Publications
Professional Activities and Associations
- Member, Boston Bar Association
- Member, Women’s Bar Association
- Co-Chair, Harvard Law School Women’s Association
- Massachusetts Chair, Lawyer Moms of America
- Admitted to the Massachusetts and New York state bars, the United States District Court for the Districts of Massachusetts and Southern District of New York, and the United States Supreme Court.