Kelly A. Schwartz
Ms. Schwartz concentrates her practice in FITCH’s family law practice. Prior to joining FITCH, she was a litigation associate with a large firm in Boston, where she gained considerable experience in Probate, Will And Trust Litigation.
Education And Distinctions
More About Kelly A. Schwartz
Ms. Schwartz represents clients in all aspects of family law including divorce, child custody, child support, alimony, and asset division. She has served as a volunteer attorney for the Women’s Bar Foundation Family Law Project for Battered Women and represented women in 209A proceedings. She has also served as an attorney for the Volunteer Lawyer’s Project’s Family Law and Guardianship Clinics at the Suffolk County Probate and Family Court.
While in law school, in Lopez-Valencia v. Lynch, 798 F.3d 863 (9th Cir. 2015), Ms. Schwartz successfully represented an immigrant before the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals, obtaining a reversal of the Board of Immigration Appeals’ decision of removal.
Ms. Schwartz also interned for The Honorable Spencer M. Kagan (Ret.) while in law school.
Cases of Note
Ms. Schwartz obtained the reversal of the of Board of Immigration Appeals’ decision of removal on behalf of her immigrant client in Lopez-Valencia v. Lynch, 798 F.3d 863 (9th Cir. 2015).
Teaching and Publications
- The Kids Are Not All Right: Using the Best Interest Standard To Prevent Parental Alienation And A Therapeutic Intervention Approach To Provide Relief, 56 B.C.L. Rev. 803 (2015)
- Avoiding Sorrow in Morrow: A Special Relationship Should Exist Between A School And Its Students, 55 B.C.L. Rev. 127 (2014)
- Guest Lecturer on Oral Argument, Law Practice (Prof. E. Joan Blum), Boston College Law School
Professional Activities and Associations
- Admitted to the Massachusetts state bar, the United States District Court for the District of Massachusetts, and the United States Court of Appeals for the First Circuit.
- Member, Boston Bar Association
- Member, Massachusetts Bar Association
- Member, Women’s Bar Association
- Family Law Liaison, New Lawyers Section, Boston Bar Association (2018-2019)
- Member, Trusts and Estates Consortium
- Member, Brown Bag/CLE Committee, Family Law Section of the Boston Bar Association (2019-2020)
- “Kelly [is] the smartest and kindest attorney I’ve ever met. … I am so glad to have… [her] on my side.”